this is the
skirt for J who took a fairly long time. It is not that it is a
difficult skirt to make but rather using the basic Singer function.
Basically the ruffles are the one giving me a major headache. The
fabric frays a lot which means that the more I work on it, the
closer to the thread.Then I decided to unstitch all, do a fold, sew
it straight then pull the ruffles. Now my headache is tripled as
the fabric is thick and the thread kept breaking.
I checked a few resources on the internet and got some useful tips ( i thought) but alas it didn’t work cos this old Singer straightens out the ruffles before i can sew them. so i had no choice but to make pleats. Nonetheless, accomplished.